Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Class will out

The Florentine newspaper La Nazione published today an one-page article on the book “La classe non è acqua” (“Class will out”), devoted to 1966 flood of the Arno, which was written by a fourth-grade classroom of the Elementary and Primary School “Armando Diaz” in Ponte a Mensola, Florence. With the help of their teachers Laura Martini and Fiorenza Pancini, the young students narrated the 1966 flood of the Arno through their imagination and senses. Among the authors we recognize (pictured standing in the first row, fifth from left) a young Étoile of Associazione Culturale “Il Delta della Luna”, 9-year-old Diana Wilson. “At first I didn’t believe it could ever happen. But when I interviewed people who witnessed the flood, I closed my eyes and imagined that I was there”, Diana wrote. Congratulations, Miss Wilson: you did it!

No comments: